William was asked to join a men's group at our church back in the fall. For one of his assignments he had to write out his testimony, which I read and came to figure out that I had never been saved. I grew up Church of Christ and had been baptized but soon come to learn that it was not the same. I never wanted to discuss it before with William because I knew his side and I had mine and I wasn't budging. Well, after reading his testimony and talking with one of William's J-Men leaders that Sunday, Caleb Mitchell, and got saved, January 6, 2--8!!! Then the very next Sunday I got baptized, January 13, 2008.
Have you been saved? Do you know that you are going to heaven when you die? Those were questions that I thought I knew the answers too but once I looked into more I come to find out that I had not and I feel so honored to have all of these Christian people around me that helped change my life for the better!
I always wondered why God put us here, why did we have to be so far from home, but now I truly know the answer, it was so I could become his child and come to know him in a very different way than I ever had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment