Our church had a Marriage Retreat in Branson this weekend. Since we have been married for 5 1/2 years and have never been to a marriage conference this was the perfect time since I just started back to school and it's not too crazy yet.
We arrived to Branson around 4pm on Friday evening. This is our room, at the Hilton at Branson Landing, it was smaller than we thought but very nice, LOVED the corner room!
We did a little shopping at the Branson Landing Promenade and then ate at Texas Land & Cattle for dinner to break our fast. William has a steak and I had a chicken salad.
It's still Christmas time in Branson.
My sweetie after dinner!
I love this reindeer but if you look close he's missing an antler...haha!
Me, before heading down to the conference.
Me & My sweetie! LOVE HIM!
William(in the red shirt) playing Jeopardy on Friday night after listening to Nick Floyd talk about God's plan for Marriage. Awesome session, Nick really keeps it lively!:)
Then is was Q & A time with our pastor and his wife.
Then, we call got sent to Cantena Laredo at the Branson Landing for complimentary dessert. We split a Mexican Brownie with Brandy butter, it was too die for! Enjoyed some nice chit-chat with the Daspit's.

Me, this morning before heading down to the conference!
Me & my sweetie!
I LOVE this tree! I would totally have it in my house if it was big enough, this picture does no justice for the tree but it is gorgeous!
Today we started with Giveaways which we wont a $25 to Johnny Brusco's! YEAH! Then, we heard about Healthy Communication and then played Couples Amazing Race which was crazy! Running all over the Convention center and the Hilton hotel, I got plenty of exercise...haha! First we had to find 15 words in the word Marriage, then it was off to dance together for 3 minutes, then off to say 5 sweet things about each other, then to have my husband sing too me and then a small marriage renewal ceremony! So much fun!:) Then we listened to Eric Vaughn talk about Financial Management, which I am glad we were pretty right on with this from taking Financial Peace University.
When the conference was over at noon we enjoyed lunch at the White River Fish House at the Brandon Landing with the Knoble's and Daspit's. It is soo good! They serve sweet jalapeno cornbread. I had Fried catfish, which was ok, and William had Maple glazed Salmon with pecan butter that he said was very good!The restaurant is actually floating on water.

We then shopped at the outlet malls in the rain and headed back home to get our sweet little puppy! He was so excited to see his mommy and daddy, then we headed off to Johnny Brusco's to enjoy our free dinner!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment